Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Grilled Fish Tacos are my favorite item to order on a menu when eating out. I love how light and fresh they are, and I especially love when they come with a fruit salsa. Recently, I ordered some fish tacos at a local restaurant that I couldn't wait to come home and try to recreate - with a healthy spin of course!
I prefer to use a lightly flavored fish (like cod or grouper), seasoned and grilled until flaky. Place the grilled fish in a warm tortilla and top with a fruit salsa, such as peach, pineapple or mango (see Mango Salsa recipe below), greens and avocado. Serve with a side of cilantro lime rice and a glass of white wine to complete the dish.
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Grilled fish topped with a perfectly refreshing mango salsa makes for the perfect light and fresh dinner that the entire family will love.
- 2 pounds cod fillet, skinned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8-12 flour tortillas
- SUGGESTED TOPPINGS: sliced avocado, mixed greens, mango salsa (see recipe below), chopped cilantro, diced red onion, lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place each fillet on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Rub each side of the fillets with olive oil mixture.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Wrap the seasoned fish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook on the grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until the fish easily flakes.
- Warm tortillas on the grill or in the microwave.
- Assemble tacos and serve with suggested toppings.
Perfect served with chips or on top of tacos, grilled chicken or grilled pork.
- 2 mangoes, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced and seeded
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste. Serve with chips or as topping to tacos, grilled chicken or pork.
Makes 8 (½ cup) servings