Tzatziki Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Chicken
Anyone else a Zoe’s Kitchen fan? I can’t get enough of their Cauliflower Rice Bowl introduced on their updated menu last year. Lightly seasoned cauliflower rice is topped with cucumbers, feta, dill, and creamy Tzatziki sauce, and then I like to add chicken or salmon for protein.
Since my bowl infatuation was starting to take a toll on my debit card, I decided to take a stab at recreating it at home. To keep things simple, I used a store-bought Tzatziki dip made from Greek Yogurt. I also added tomatoes tossed in olive oil and red wine vinegar for extra veggies. The recipe serves 4, but I often cut it in half and make two servings – one for today’s lunch and one for lunch later in the week.
Toss in a few chickpeas or serve with hummus and pita bread (or extra cucumbers) to make the meal more substantial. Not a fan of the store bought sauce? Making your own Tzatziki sauce is actually pretty easy. Check out this recipe for Greek Yogurt and Cucumber Dip (Tzatziki Sauce) from Cabot Creamery.
Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
- 7 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt tzatziki dip* (such as Good Foods Feta Cucumber Dip)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese