Thai Chicken Soup
Coconut milk and pureed butternut squash give this quick soup a velvety rich texture without excessive fat and calories. Add in a little curry paste, lime juice, and baby spinach, and you’ve got soup that’s not only hearty and flavorful, but also healthy.
You can steam and puree fresh or frozen butternut squash cubes, or if you’re like me and always in a hurry, use a package of frozen pureed butternut squash.
I hope you enjoy!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 2 (12-oz) packages frozen pureed butternut squash, thawed**
- 1 (14.5-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (32-oz) carton lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.5-oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups baby spinach, torn into small pieces