Fudgesicles have been a favorite of mine since childhood. They were always at the top of my list when an ice cream truck drove by! These are a staple around my house, so I decided to play around in the kitchen to give these chocolatey treats a dairy-free, healthy twist. It was NOT as easy as I had anticipated!!
In fact, it took me multiple recipes to finally find the one that was the most authentic in flavor, consistency and nostalgia! Since this recipe was perfected, my family has made it multiple times. Even the neighborhood kids come around asking for them!
Intimated by homemade popsicles? Don't be! This recipe has been the simplest of them all! Scroll down - you'll see! I hope you enjoy these homemade Dairy-Free Fudgesicles as much as I do!
A simple, healthy and dairy-free twist on a favorite childhood chocolatey treat!
- 1 13.5-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE : ¼ cup chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, cornstarch and cocoa powder.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine coconut milk mixture and maple syrup, whisking continuously.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until mixture is the consistency of pudding.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract. Set mixture in fridge until cooled completely.
- Pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer overnight or until solid.
- OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE : Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in 20 second spurts in the microwave. Drizzle popsicles with the melted chocolate mixture before serving.