Looking for the perfect appetizer to kick off college football season this weekend? My Avocado-Feta Salsa is sure to be a crowd pleaser! It is surprisingly simple while not skimping on flavor. This recipe uses only six ingredients—four of which I’ll bet you already have on hand. Plus, it can be tossed together in less than 10 minutes. Who doesn’t have time for that?! The fresh dip is a game changer, so be prepared to get asked for the recipe by friends!
This salsa is fantastic served with tortilla chips for a party or tailgate, but it is also a great addition to a variety of dishes. I like to spoon it on top of grain or pasta bowls, throw it on tacos, or serve it over grilled chicken and fish. Every time I make this salsa, I'm always amazed at how a recipe that is so simple and quick to make can be SO good!
Add this to your menu this weekend and let me know how you like it! Be sure to tag me on social media : Instagram @realfoodreallife_rd / Facebook @Real Food. Real Life. - Carolyn Williams, PHD, RD. Can't wait to hear from you!
Also, find my Mexican version here: Mexican Avocado Salsa.
This is always my last-minute appetizer solution! This recipe uses only six ingredients - four of which I'll bet you already have on hand! Ready in under 10 minutes, it makes the perfect recipe that is sure to be a game changer!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- dash of salt and garlic powder
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed and chopped
- Place halved tomatoes in a bowl. Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and garlic powder; pour over tomatoes, stirring to coat. Gently stir in feta cheese and chopped avocado.